Many businesses understand they need to be on social media to succeed. Social media has revolutionized the business to consumer relationship by drastically altering communication between the two. Previously B2C relationships consisted of businesses shouting at customers through advertisements and billboards. The advent of social media has created a two-way communication platform for organizations to engage with audiences, receive feedback, and initiate conversations as opposed to “shouting” through ads.
With the continued growth and development of social media, including constantly changing platforms and advancing technology, companies need to prepare for continued investments in the market. Now that budget season is here, consider the following social media trends to budget for in your 2017 marketing strategy:
- Real-time Engagement – The evolution of social media has created almost instantaneous response expectations from consumers. According to Search Engine Watch, 70% of Twitter users expect a response from brands they reach out to, and 53% want a response in less than an hour. Hiring an agency can help you manage this requirement and respond in what seems like a reasonable time for your audience.
- Live Video – Periscope, Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, and Snapchat. Each of these platforms and more are recent developments on the social media scene that continue to emphasize the want for live video and instant communication between an organization and its consumers. Be certain to budget funds to engage with audiences on these channels and take advantage of the ability to build a personal connection with your captive audiences.
- Social Commerce – Selling products has expanded from brick and mortar to ecommerce sites to search engines, and now, social media. The growth of online and mobile commerce has led to the simplification of the purchasing process, which is naturally leading to social selling. Most audiences don’t want to leave their current social network to learn more about a product, or purchase it. Be prepared to sell your products and services through social channels in 2017.
- Social Media Advertising – Organic reach is being restricted by social algorithms. If you want to have a chance in the market, you need to be willing to make an investment. Social media advertising is projected to generate $11 billion in revenue in 2017 with more and more social channels offering various ways to reach your markets.
- Employee Amplification – As mentioned above, organic post reach is being limited by social media platforms, but your reach can be expanded through employee amplification. Investing in employee training on social media can drastically increase your company’s reach by engaging some of the people who matter most to your brand – your employees.
Although a seemingly daunting task, social media is imperative to businesses who want to seem relevant to their audiences. If you find this list overwhelming or just need help developing your social media strategy, contact Web Solutions of America for a consultation and a quote at 407-636-4233.