Most businesses, especially smaller ones, have a limited marketing budget. Making sure your money is being spent efficiently is incredibly important, and if you’re not fully utilizing your email list, you’re missing out on leads and revenue.
Your website’s purpose is to connect you with people who hopefully become leads and buyers, and one of the best ways to help your potential customers feel connected is with an opt-in form for email newsletters and marketing updates.
Here are just some reasons why email is invaluable to the small business owner:
- Email’s return on investment is huge – It is a well-documented fact that email makes money. In fact, for every dollar spent on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $38. You can’t ignore numbers like that.
- Email grows businesses – An article by eMarketer found that for 80 percent of professionals, email marketing is a driving force for customer acquisition and retention, as well as overall business growth.
- Facebook doesn’t compete – While Facebook is an incredibly valuable marketing tool, it can’t go toe-to-toe with email when it comes to directly reaching and interacting with your audience. In fact, according to Forrester, people are twice as likely to sign up for your email list as they are to interact with you on Facebook.
- It’s a conversion creating machine – Conversion rates are one of the most important metrics in business. They show your ability to turn prospects into customers based on your content. And while social media and search are important parts of the overall picture, email has higher conversion rates than both of those methods combined.
- Transaction rates are astronomical – In a perfect world, you’d get a sale for every email sent, right? You’d be surprised to hear you can actually get close, as personalized emails receive transaction rates that are six times higher than their generic counterparts.
- Customers value your interaction – Over 60 percent of consumers enjoy a weekly promotional email, and 38 percent would prefer them to be even more frequent than that. Remember those statistics when you’re worried about scaring off customers with frequent emails.
Customers respond well to emails that are formatted similarly to the website they represent. While email templates can be useful for getting content out quickly, they can hurt click-through and conversion rates, in turn hurting your bottom line. Instead of using a template-based email generation service, opt for a fully-customizable service for maximum impact.
Online marketing strategies are always evolving. When making decisions about the future of your business’ online marketing strategy, it can be hard to decide where to start. At Web Solutions of America, we specialize in making your brand stand out. We’ll work with you to analyze your goals, optimize your content, and give your brand a positive online presence. Call 407-636-4233 or contact us online for more information about partnering with us.