Google Ad Grants Program offers qualifying non-profit organizations a monthly $10-40k budget for advertising on Google. This allows companies to get more visibility, donations, and volunteers who wouldn’t be able to otherwise. Using their software, online marketers use Google to target and display ads to the people that are most likely to care about your organization. You are also given access to analytics and conversion tracking to help see what is driving the most traffic.
Whether you’ve been using this program or are interested in using it in the future, there are some recent changes made at the first of this year that you should know about.
- Click-Through Rates (CTR) – In the past, the minimum CTR was only 1% for most accounts. However, you must now maintain at least a 5% CTR to keep your Google Ad Grant. If you let it drop below 5% for any two consecutive months, your account will be suspended.
- Quality Scores – You can no longer use branded keywords that you do not own, and your keywords must have a quality score minimum of 3. Google says this is because they want to encourage you to use words and phrases that “reflect your organization’s primary mission.” However, it can make it more difficult to find both quality and commonly-used keywords to use.
- Geotargeting – Your account must enable geotargeting. This makes sense, as it would be pointless to market to people in Indiana for volunteers when your organization is located in Florida.
- Minimum Ad Groups – Your campaigns need at least 2 ad groups with at least 2 text ads.
- No More $2 Bid Cap – Google recognizes the price of bids for more competitive keywords have skyrocketed, so the removal of this cap will be beneficial to those wanting to increase their donations and email sign ups.
If you need help navigating these new policies, we are here for you. At Web Solutions of America, we are knowledgeable and experienced in PPC, SEO, and other web-based solutions. We would love to offer support services that will maintain your Ad Grant by increasing your CTR and maximizing your online potential. We also offer other services such as social media marketing, email marketing, and content marketing. If you would like to know more about how we can strengthen your non-profit, give us a call at 407-636-4591 or fill out an online form.