Pay-per-click advertising (PPC) can be a powerful marketing channel for nearly every business. In today’s world, it is almost a necessity
for any business to invest in paid search due to the ever-changing organic search algorithms and people’s decreasing patience.
There are many facts you may already know about PPC, such as the importance of your website’s quality score and the need for content, but we wanted to share a few things you may not be aware of, including:
- Mobile devices are big. More than 50% of paid search clicks are mobile, which means it is imperative you have a mobile-friendly and responsive website to accommodate your audience’s web traffic. It is also a sign to ensure your PPC campaigns are mobile-optimized, so you do not miss out on this ever-growing mobile marketing.
- Top ad spots generate clicks. Even though your SEO strategy is top-notch and you rank well organically for particular keywords, paid search clicks will often outnumber your organic clicks. Investing in paid search is critical when you consider 41% of the clicks on a page go to the top 3 or 4 paid ad spots.
- Ignorance of the consumer is bliss for businesses. Considering that most of the population is well aware of what television, print and even most digital advertisements look like, it can be easy to think internet users recognize the difference between paid and organic search results. However, a recent study indicated roughly half of users did not recognize the difference between the two due to their similar appearance and covert location.
- PPC ads lead to calls. Having your businesses phone number displayed on your PPC ad is a must, considering 52% of people who click PPC ads call the advertiser, according to a mobile-search statistics report.
- Negative keywords are important. Utilizing a platform’s ability to eliminate less likely conversions through negative keyword selection can improve the effectiveness of your campaign. Adding negative keywords like “discounted” and “free” can keep you from wasting your time on people not willing to make an investment in your product.
If you are contemplating launching a PPC campaign for your business but don’t know where to start, contact Web Solution of America today for a free quote. Complete our online contact form or call us at 407-636-4233.