The majority of online marketers do content marketing, but even in 2017, far too many neglect or outright ignore the analytics associated with that content and deprive themselves of the information vital to improving results. You don’t need a degree in statistics to measure the effectiveness of your content; the following tips and tools will get you where you need to go.
- Website Traffic – Measuring your website’s traffic on a regular basis helps establish a baseline from which you can compare your progress. A tool like Google Analytics allows you to compare traffic for the entire website or a single page for any timeframe you like, whether it be years, quarters, months, or weeks.
- Subscriber Growth – Keep track of your email subscriber list by recording a subscriber headcount and monitoring its growth over time. Measure growth by subtracting your unsubscribes from your new subscribers, and dividing that number by the total size of your email list.
- Search Rankings – All companies strive to make the first page of search results, so keeping track of your search rankings is key to measuring the effectiveness of your content efforts.
- Time – Google Analytics is a perfect tool for measuring the amount of time people are spending on a particular page of your site, which relies heavily on the quality of your content. Keep in mind your time expectations will fluctuate depending on the length and format of your content.
- Clickthrough Rate – Clickthrough rate (CTR) is a key metric to determining marketing success. You should constantly measure it for SEO, social media, and email marketing.
- Leads – First you need to determine what constitutes a lead for your business, and then you can establish goals and KPIs. Many marketing automation platforms make gathering lead metrics a breeze.
Is your content cutting it? Taking these metrics into consideration will help paint a clear picture of what’s working for you, and what needs help. Our team of at Web Solutions of America can help your business succeed. Our cutting-edge websites and original content are designed to maximize leads, and therefore, maximize your business’ profits. Contact us today at 407-636-4233 to discuss your needs with our marketing professionals.