When it comes to local SEO, focus on the big picture rather than small. As each year passes by local SEO becomes increasingly more complicated. Local SEO can seem like a puzzle at times. Instead of just focusing in on one piece sometimes it is better to take a step back and look at the overall picture. Optimizing locally will never be achieved through a single tactic and often times will lead you to missing other important factors.
With all of the recent changes Google has made it clear that consumer’s mobile behavior is having a huge impact on how local search is displayed. As more and more users increasingly seek answers from their phones you must have the right relevancy signals both on your site and off site.
Below are a few tips to keep in mind for your 2015 SEO strategy:
• Create awesome and informative content, but optimize it with local signals
• Make sure location pages have unique well-written content
• Start creating locally optimized blog entries
• Ensure your Google My Business page is filled out completely and as best as possible
• Gain quality links
• Clean up any incorrect citations and gain any you may be lacking
• Try to gain as many positive reviews on your Google My Business listing as well as any other third party sites
• Use social media to engage with your customers
• Be mobile friendly